#5498  by letitflow
 Thu May 11, 2006 1:41 pm
Hi,

are there any effects that make your guitar sound a bit like a bass? I mean knock it down an octave or something?

I had a bass lying around before but the strings are rather thick, I don't have any desire to play bass.

But phil's part in some of those upbeat franklin's sounds like fun!

so does kahn in some of those 80s simple twists.

So I was wondering if there was any way I could do that with a guitar. Any ideas?

#5504  by strumminsix
 Thu May 11, 2006 2:10 pm
I believe the effect "Bass Balls" does just that.

#5512  by tigerstrat
 Thu May 11, 2006 2:48 pm
Any decent octave effect, such as a Boss OC-2 with Oct 1 turned up and Direct signal dialed all the way down, and with an amp and speaker that can handle bass sounds well.

You mean to play bass in a band using a guitar?

#5514  by letitflow
 Thu May 11, 2006 3:39 pm
do you think it would be in a multi-effects pedal? I have some digitech one but I need to get another patch cord again to hook it up.
tigerstrat wrote:You mean to play bass in a band using a guitar?
no, just to monkey around. I have no intention ever to play guitar or anything in a band.

#5515  by letitflow
 Thu May 11, 2006 3:41 pm
I also have a bass amp, do you think I should hook it up to that? (once I find the effects) They are different than regular amps, right?
tigerstrat wrote:Any decent octave effect, such as a Boss OC-2 with Oct 1 turned up and Direct signal dialed all the way down, and with an amp and speaker that can handle bass sounds well.
 #5517  by Laytonco
 Thu May 11, 2006 6:43 pm
You have some good advice here. Just my two cents: I use a Boss Octave 1 and the tone is solid!