#4384  by JerJer520
 Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:41 pm
does anybody have a behringer amp? if so does anybody know any great effects you can get going on a behringer? i would really rocking to the dead if i had the right sounding effects...thanks :smile:

#4386  by strumminsix
 Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:00 pm
Most Behringer amps are too sterile for good GD playing.

Do you own one? If not stay clear. They are a great value for the money if you get one that works. Most people I know who play Behringer products get one or two duds along the way then get one that is perfect and they last forever.

Basically effects should enhance an otherwise great tone.

If you don't have great tone now, I'd invest in a better amp before I'd get effects. If money is tight trade it in and get a Fender Deluxe for around $500. 40W, single 12". You'd likely get at least $125 for your amp and apply the $200 you'd spend on effects and you are darn close.

yae

#4391  by JerJer520
 Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:42 am
yae i have a behringer amp and ill check out that fender deluxe...thanks

#5156  by amyjared
 Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:33 pm
I have a Fender Deluxe reverb reissue and they are AWESOME! That being said, I have a good friend who bought a Behringer and he uses his Pod or V-amp to get some decent sounds. Seems to work ok.

#5157  by tigerstrat
 Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:39 pm
Of course the 2x 6V6, 22watt, non-channel-switching Deluxe '65 Reissue (or vintage) is a different beast than what strumminsix seems to have been recommending, which appears to refer to either the Hot Rod Deluxe or the Blues Deluxe, both of which are 2x 6L6, 40watt, channel-switching amps.

They're all pretty sweet though. The Hot Rod worked nicely for me when I had to borrow one for a gig last summer... although I decided to feed my JBL E-120-loaded 1x12 cab w/it instead of using the stock speaker.

... only $200 for effects? what does that buy you? Maybe a Q-Tron and a Boss overdrive pedal?