#166866  by zkinard
 Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 am
Mine showed up on Friday and it's beautiful to me. I haven't had a chance to really sit and play it at length but preliminary judgements are great. Looks and feels wonderful. Fretboard is smooth and fast. I'll need to have it set up too. Curious if any other have any recommendations on how I should have it setup? Suggest away
 #166867  by jgraum
 Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 am
I took the back plate off and rolled back the trim pot on the pre-amp. The pickups were breaking up too much too early, for me, at least. Had a barky sound. Rolling it back cleaned them up a bit. Wiring looks good in the cavity. Clean. Also raised the action a slight bit for more bounce.
 #166869  by Abide
 Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 pm
jgraum wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 am
I took the back plate off and rolled back the trim pot on the pre-amp. The pickups were breaking up too much too early, for me, at least. Had a barky sound. Rolling it back cleaned them up a bit. Wiring looks good in the cavity. Clean. Also raised the action a slight bit for more bounce.
Got mine as well. Haven't had much of a chance to sit dow with, but first impressions are great.

Just out of curiosity, how did the brass pieces on your wolf look? The brass on the selector switch had a tiny little mark. It's really nothing, but it's slightly bumming mw out. I'm curious if brass is typically susceptible to this kind of thing. Thanks!
 #166872  by WilliamC
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 pm
I'm curious if brass is typically susceptible to this kind of thing. Thanks!
Brass is not an especially hard alloy. For comparison brass (depending on the exact composition) has a Brinell hardness of around 100, lead about 30 and tool steel 600+.

So...

if the mark is bugging you even a little , I've found Mike is quick to reply through their website's messaging feature. I'd just mention the issue and ask if they could send out a fresh one.

As mentioned above, I also rolled the pre-amp back a bit. I have a hunch it was set to the +10dB that the Dozin page indicates the original had.

Now I have to cycle through all my DIY effects to figure out which work best... Mrs. C is already tired of hearing the Estimated intro just dialing in the DIY Snow White.
 #166898  by Budman
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 am
Have any of you had time to dial in your guitar and play it enough to give a good opinion?
 #166959  by pula58
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 am
zkinard wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 am
Mine showed up on Friday and it's beautiful to me. I haven't had a chance to really sit and play it at length but preliminary judgements are great. Looks and feels wonderful. Fretboard is smooth and fast. I'll need to have it set up too. Curious if any other have any recommendations on how I should have it setup? Suggest away
Agreed, the preamp is too hot....I will need to open mine up and turn the gain down.
A very nice guitar all in all through...I love the split middle pickup sound!