#166288  by kentuckykind
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:26 am
As I stated in my Introduction Post, I have been working on an Alligator Build after lurking on Rukind for many months. Below are the basic spec of the build.

*Custom Hardtail Strat Swamp Ash Body (no bridge routing) relic finish by MJT
*50's Fender Lacquered Neck - stripped and relic finish by MJT
*Brass Parts by Rusch Guitars
*Star Brass Bridge
*David Allen - Voodoo 69 Pickups
*Schaller Tuners
*Added 1.5degrees of shim under the neck
*I bought off brand knobs similar to Alembic. I might change these if I buy a Strat O Blaster from Alembic.

Currently I don't have a Strat O Blaster or Buffer of any kind installed. I don't know what direction I should go here so any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, I received the "String Tree" for the E – A – D – G Strings but I think the one received from Rusch is too large. I plan to fabricate one out of Brass Rod I have that seems to be closer in diameter to the original on Jerry's Strat.

I also need to fabricate a brass nut.

This is my first attempt at putting together a Partscaster and my first attempt at anything of Jerry's. Let me know what you see that could be corrected. What else am I missing?

TI4-1009, DHM, ChinaCatMatt and 1 others liked this
 #166291  by Pointclear
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm
Gorgeous. I think the only thing you need is a stratoblaster or buffer. I’d get both and see which you like best. The blaster is definitely spec for alligator but you may want a slightly different flavor. Also, I’ve heard that the blaster sucks batteries.
Again, gorgeous alligator tribute.